Szukaj na tym blogu

wtorek, 29 maja 2012

Wygląd zewnętrzny, znaki szczególne Idiomy z ćwiczeniami


like two peas in a pad
jak dwie krople wody

Cezary and Victoria are so alike, they are like two pears in a pod.


be (as different as) chalk and cheese
byc (tak różnym jak) niebo I ziemia

When I ferst met Laura I couldn’t believe she was your sister – you are so different as chalk and cheese



be as fit as a fiddle
zdrów jka ryba
What’s the matter with John? I saw him in the pub last night. He seemed as fit as a fiddle then



be as blind as a bat
byc ślepym jak kret

How did you ever manage to get your driving licence? You’re as lind as a bat!



bags under one’s eyes
worki pod oczami

She’s overdoing it a little bit, I think. Have you noticed the bags under her eyes?

beauty is in the eye of the beholder
piękno jest rzeczą względną, o gustach się nie rozmawia

I don’t know what he sees in that girl but after all beauty is in the eye of the beholder




be dressed up to the nines
byc szałowo ubranym

Did you see Monika at the party last night? She was really dressed up to the nines

from top to toe
od stóp do glow

She was sitting in the corner of the room dressed in black from top to toe with an absent look in her eyes.

skin and bones
skóra I kości

Oh my goodness, you’re nothing but skin and bones. When was the list time you ate a proper meal?




all fingers and thumbs (UK) / all thumbs (US)
dwie lewe ręce

Mark is so practical and mechanical and can fix virtually anything. Yet put him in the kitchen and suddenly he’s all fingers and thumbs! 


Exercise: 

1. fit as a fiddle                                                         a. jak dwie krople wody
2. all fingers and thumbs                                            b. być szałowo ubranym
3. dressed up to the nines                                          c. jak niebo i ziemia
4. two peas in a pod                                                 d. dwie lewe ręce
5. different as chalk and cheese                                 e. skóra i kości
6. skin and bones                                                      f. od stóp do głów
7. from top to toe                                                     g. zdrów jak ryba 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...