Szukaj na tym blogu

poniedziałek, 25 czerwca 2012

At a doctor!

Dialogue . . . 




Doctor:Good morning. Please have a seat here. What´s the problem?
Paul Ryefield:I have a terrible stomachache (okropny ból brzucha)
Doctor:Do you have diarrhea? (biegunka) - wymowa
Paul Ryefield:Yes, I do.
Doctor:Do you have any other symptoms? (objawy)
Paul Ryefield:Yes, I feel sick. (jest mi niedobrze)
Doctor:You mean you feel nauseous? (mdłości) - wymowa
Paul Ryefield:That´s right. I feel like vomiting (wymiotować). And right now I feel dizzy (zawroty głowy), too.
Doctor:When did the symptoms start?
Paul Ryefield:This morning. Yesterday evening I ate something raw (zjadłam coś surowego).
Doctor:All right. Please take off your clothes to the waist (rozbierz się do pasa) and lie down there. ... Just tell me if it hurts (boli) when I do this.
Paul Ryefield:It doesn´t hurt. ... Ouch. It hurts there.
Doctor:Okay. Let´s hope it´s just indigestion (niestrawność) - wymowa, but we´ll need to run some diagnostic tests to be sure. We´ll run a blood test (badanie krwi) and we´ll also need a urine sample (próbka moczu).
Paul Ryefield:Can you give me something for the time being?
Doctor:Yes, I´ll give you a prescription (recepta) for indigestion tablets (tabletki na niestrawność).





Illnesses

  • cold - grypa
  • food poisoning - zatrucie pokarmowe
  • sore throat - ból gardła
  • allergy - alerdia
  • flu - przeziębienie
  • sprained ankle -zwichnięta kostka
  • high blood pressure - wysokie ciśnienie



Injury

  • a burn  - oparzenie
  • an electric shock - porażenie prącem
  • a broken leg - złamana noga
  • a deep cut - głębokie przecięcie
  • a twisted ankle - skręcona kostka
  • a scald - oparzenie
  • concussion - wstrząs
  • a bump - guz
  • a bruise - siniak
Treatment
  • take the patient to the hospital - zabrać pacjenta do szpitala
  • cover the wound with a loose bandage -  luźno przykryć ranę bandażem
  • call an ambulance - zadzwonić po karetkę
  • press a wet piece of cloth on the wound - mokrym kawałkiem ubrania ucisnąć ranę
  • run cold water on the wound - polać ranę zimną wodą
  • clean the wound - oczyścić ranę
  • put a plaster on the wound - przykleić plaster na ranę
  • take the patient for an  - ray - zabrać pacjenta na zdjęcie rentgenowskie 
  • take planty of vitamin C - brać dużo witaminy C
  • go to casualty - pójść na izbę przyjęć (oddział przypadków urazowych i nagłych zachorowań)


WATCH A CONVERSATION AT THE DOCTOR





Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...